Top 5 best selling scents for men, women under $50
Buying a fragrance – especially online – can feel like a daunting task. If you’re new to fragrance buying or looking for a good gift for someone, you can always use the tried and true method of looking for vetted products that buyers return to time and time again.
These beauties have mass appeal, and at an affordable price to boot, they didn’t make it to a best seller list just for their pretty bottles.
Best sellers for men under $50:
1. Coach Platinum Eau De Parfum, $34.99 (Elsewhere: $75.00-$95.00)
The words “Coach Platinum” encapsulate quality, and quality is exactly what you find in this fragrance. A warm and sensual scent, it is said to have been inspired by the spirit of the open road. It’s a very safe bet for men who are looking for a bold, yet classic fragrance.
- Top notes: Black pepper oil, pineapple and juniper berries
- Middle notes: Clary sage and geranium
- Base notes: Patchouli, sandalwood and vanilla
2. Adidas Team Five Eau De Toilette Spray, $6.99 (Elsewhere $8.25)
Since Adidas is an athletic brand, this scent was designed for active men who are always on the go. While it is a masculine scent, it still has a hint of youthful, fruity sweetness. Given the low and affordable price, you can also consider buying more than one from the Adidas fragrance line for a sample size of fragrances.
- Top notes: Green apple, lemon and basil
- Middle notes: Mint, lavender, pine and sage
- Base notes: Amber and tropical benzoin
3. Mont Blanc Emblem Absolu Eau De Toilette Spray, $49.99
This fragrance, initially released in 2017, is a luxurious, spicy and fruity scent that utilizes the contrasting combination of warm woods and cold spices. Upon initial application, the scent starts off on a soft, fruity note while the scent continues on a smooth, woodsy journey.
- Top notes: Mandarin, cardamom and pear
- Middle notes: Honey, lavender and pink pepper
- Base notes: Vetiver, patchouli and crystal moss
4. Perry Ellis Aqua Extreme Eau De Toilette Spray, $29.99 (Elsewhere $46.56)
Aqua Extreme is a sensual, masculine scent that blends zesty citruses and aquatic notes with the contrast of dark woods. As a very elemental scent, it encapsulates masculine energy through a sexy infusion of vetiver and musk. It can be a great “first fragrance” for someone new to fragrance wearing due to its earthy nature.
- Top notes: Sheer bergamot, aquatic accord and verbena
- Middle notes: Geranium, blue lavender and juniper
- Base notes: Labdanum, tobacco leaf and milkwood
5. Lucky Brand Lucky You Eau De Toilette Spray, $29.99
Lucky You is great if you’re looking for a casual scent that can be worn for almost any occasion, day or night. It’s sophisticated yet confident, invigorating yet soft. It has been described as clean, refreshing and youthful.
- Top notes: Grass and floral
- Middle notes: Cardamom
- Base notes: Musk, bamboo, teak wood and rosewood
Best sellers for women under $50:
1. Coach Floral Eau De Parfum Spray, $39.99
This scent was inspired by Coach’s signature tea roses. The scent is feminine with floral, fruity and fresh scents that are long-lasting while not too overpowering.
- Top notes: Citrus coeur, pink peppercorn and pineapple sorbet
- Middle notes: Rose tea, jasmine sambac and gardenia
- Base notes: Creamy wood, patchouli and musk
2. Elizabeth Arden Black Pearls Eau De Parfum Spray, $16.99 (Elsewhere $22.95)
Black Pearls, like the name itself, is a chic and sophisticated fragrance that combines floral, woodsy and powdery accents. It’s sexy without yet soft and wears well at any time of the day.
- Top notes: Bergamot, fresh gardenia and juicy peach
- Middle notes: Lotus, white rose and water lily
- Base notes: Musk, amber and sandalwood
3. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Black Eau De Parfum Florale Spray, $49.99 (Elsewhere $68.05)
This scent is sexy and edgy, and with leather and musk as a base note, it encapsulates the dark and mysterious side of femininity. As a warm scent, it is especially popular in fall and winter months.
- Top notes: Sour cherry, almond and black tea
- Middle notes: Rose and licorice
- Base notes: Leather, black musk, patchouli and tonka bean
4. Lalique Amethyst Eau De Parfum Spray, $49.99 (Elsewhere $135)
This is a rich and sweet scent that is intoxicating and sexy, and while it remains subtle, it has the strength to last all day. Blackberry combined with musk is a unique blend that will have everyone asking what you’re wearing (and assuming that it costs way more than it does).
- Top notes: Nutmeg, blackberry and currant
- Middle notes: Floral ylang-ylang, pepper, peony and rose
- Base notes: Powder, musk and bourbon vanilla
5. Cacharel Anais Anais L’Original Eau De Toilette Spray, $49.99
This is the first perfume made from the Cacharel brand, and it first made its mark on the fragrance market in 1978. If you are seeking an ultra-feminine perfume, this classic floral scent is one that has weathered the test of time.
- Top notes: Orange blossom, galbanum and hyacinth
- Middle notes: Rose, jasmine and lily
- Base notes: Amber, incense, cedar and sandalwood
No matter what scent you choose, at aromafi.com we guarantee brand names and offer up to 80 percent off retail prices, helping you smell your best for less.